WHO SHOULD ENROLL?
Medical Doctors, Medical and Hospital Case Managers, Occupational and Physical Therapists, Disability Evaluators and Nurses involved in the assessment of medical impairment for the Road Accident Fund, Worker’s Compensation, Rand Mutual Assurance and Insurance Companies paying disabilities based on permanent medical impairment.
NB* It is
advised that the AMA guides 6th edition should be available for
reading during the course.
- Discuss the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) and its role in impairment evaluation.
- Describe how to determine Diagnosis-Based Impairments and make adjustments on the basis of the results of Functional History, Physical Examination, and Clinical Studies.
- Demonstrate the ability to score Functional Inventories (including the QuickDASH, Lower Limb Outcome Scale, and Pain Disability Questionnaire).
ACCREDITATION & CERTIFICATION
To qualify for the Certificate of Completion, participants should work through all modules and successfully complete the assessment process.
- Certificates accepted by the RAF (Road Accident Fund).
- Authorized by the AMA (American Medical Association).
Accredited according to the HPCSA’s Medical and Dental Board Guidelines for Healthcare Professionals for 30 CEU’s on Level 2.
All healthcare practitioners who receive the certificate of completion for the successful completion of this Online Course can apply for the CERTIFIED IMPAIRMENT RATER (CIR)® EXAMINATION
FEES, DATES & VENUER 8 250.00 (Inclusive of all VAT and Taxes)
+ Free 12 Month Subscription - Online Assessment tools (VALUED @R 2 500.00)
7-9 May 2021 - Pretoria, Gauteng
FOR MORE INFO CONTACT:
FPD School of Health Sciences
+27 87 821 1109