Who Should Enrol?
- General practitioners
- Healthcare providers.
MODULE 1: Professional ethics in the healthcare environment
- Introduction to ethics
- Health ethics principles, ethical theories and approaches
- Ethical decision making
- Ethics, committees and peer review mechanisms
MODULE 2: SA legal system, health law and human rights
- Legislation and policy
- Bodies dealing with legislation
- Policies and governance
- Relationship between ethics law and human rights
MODULE 3: Relationships in the healthcare environment
- Healthcare professionals and patients
- Informed consent
- -Practitioners and social media
- -Practitioners and telemedicine
- -Third party requests
- -Medical schemes
- Healthcare professionals, their colleagues and allied healthcare professionals
- Hierarchy and the changing relations in healthcare provision
- Ethical rules between healthcare professionals
- Employment and locums
- Supersession and itinerant practices
- Scope of practice and referrals
- Communications with collegues
- Practitioners with other qualifications or interests
The course consists of 2 parts:
- A 2-day interactive workshop based on participatory learning methods suitable for adult learners.
- A self-study component. The comprehensive self-study manual has been developed by leading experts to support learners.
Accredited according to the HPCSA’s Medical and Dental Board Guidelines for Health Care Professionals for 30 Ethical CEUs on Level 2.
To qualify for the certificate of completion for this short course, workshop participants should successfully complete the assessment process consisting of MCQs.
Fees, Dates & VenuesR 3 000.00 (Incl.)
22 - 23 May 2021 - Pretoria, Gauteng
For more Info:FPD School of Health Sciences